Firefighters said Jazonnie Riedâ€™s quick thinking helped all six members of her family escape without injury.
“I was asleep and the smoke woke me up,” Jazonnie said. “I told my mom and she made all of us get out.” The family did not have homeowners insurance and is getting help from the American Red Cross until the weekend.If you would like to help the family, you can donate to the Ried and Luke Fund. Donations are being accepted at the Solid Rock Baptist Church in Saginaw.
Firefighters said they believe an electrical problem sparked the blaze.